The Davidson's left in 1857, bound for America. William. C. Davidson built the famous 10 foot by 15 foot shed for his sons to start the company that has become world famous. There are several artefacts at the cottage including bricks from the original Juneau Ave building in Milwaukee and a chain link from the plaza at Sturgis.
The cottage is restored and fully furnished as the home that the Davidson family would recognise if ever they returned. In the kitchen, the old range is up and working, ready to cook broth and oatcakes to feed a hungry family. The old box bed in the corner is ready to sleep in. From the upstairs bedrooms, reached by a tiny enclosed wooden staircase, the traditional small wooden windows provide panoramic views across the surrounding fields and the Strathmore (Big Valley) to the mountains beyond. There is an adjoining amenity block which provides showers and toilets.
This accommodation would suit Harley-Davidson riders who wish to stay in the restored home of the Davidsons of Harley-Davidson.
Two double rooms.
There is secure garaging for four motorcycles.